Monday, September 30, 2013

Weekend Wrap-Up

What a great weekend! Thursday afternoon I left Joplin and went home to the lake. When I got home I settled in and relaxed for the rest of the evening.

Friday morning I woke up and my mom made me breakfast... an eggy-cheese sandwich to be exact. After a quick nap I went to Versailles. I had to go to the court house to get some paper work to get a new vehicle licensed. I have been trying to get my dad's personalized license plates that say "BOATIN" since he passed away in January. It has been nothing short of hell to get them. I had to have someone "gift" me a vehicle so I can get a title with only my name on it in order to get these personalized license plates. It has been a huge ordeal but this license plate really means a lot to me.

After I left the court house I went to the license bureau and prepared for the worst... I figured I had forgot something like a signature or a piece of paperwork but NOPE! I remembered everything and got the truck licensed and it was so EASY! A huge weight was lifted off my chest! I only have a few more steps until I can say that the license plate is officially and legally mine. Wish me luck!

Afterwards, I got my hair done and got to spend time with Dixie, her daughter Caity, and her beautiful twin baby girls who are already one year old now. Time sure flies!

When I realized how fast I got all of my errands done I text messaged Mallory to see if she was busy at work. She wasn't so she invited me to come to the clinic to visit with her. I am so glad I got to spend some time with my bestie! We don't see each other very often so I will take what I can get. We hung out at the clinic for a few hours and then I went home to have dinner with my mom. I relaxed for the rest of the evening and enjoyed my mom and our doggies company.

Saturday I got up and went to Columbia for the Mizzou game. My friend Melissa invited me to the game with her and Richard. Richard has a suite and technically, the best view of the entire field. It was the press box before they revamped the entire stadium. It has tons of seating, free drinks, food, and a dessert cart comes by and spoils you rotten. I had an absolutely amazing time hanging out with friends and watching the game in the suite. I even got to meet TJ Moe! He was our wide receiver last year and now plays for the New England Patriots. He tore his Achilles tendon four months ago so he has been in rehab in St. Louis. Mizzou hired him to be a greeter for the suite guests during home games. Oh and I forgot the most important part... we won!

The amazing dessert cart...

Richard, TJ, and I
 After the game we went to Shiloh and Room 38. We stayed up waaaay too late (3:30am) but we had a great time!

Sunday laid around until 12:30pm and then went to lunch and over to a friends to hang by the pool on the last great day of the year. (Winter will be here soon, my friends.) I was so exhausted from our festivities that I drove back to the lake and went to bed... at 7:30pm. I needed that sleep!

How was your weekend? Have a great week, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments!! I love to hear what you all have to say!!